Aims & Vision
CARI’s vision is to help heal the lives of children, teenagers, families and carers impacted directly and indirectly by child sexual abuse. To this end, we provide trauma-informed therapeutic support, in a safe, trusted and professional environment.
Our mission is to ensure that EVERY child in Ireland who needs our services, wherever they live:
- Is aware of CARI, and
- Is able to access the information, advice and therapy services we provide.
To achieve this mission CARI will:
- Continue to provide high quality therapy services for children who are affected by child sexual abuse
- Continue to provide high quality therapy services for children under 12 who displaying sexually harmful behaviour.
- Work with parents, carers, residential units and the wider community to help them support children recovering from the trauma of child sexual abuse.
- Campaign for adequate resources and funding of necessary services for children.
- Contribute to the understanding of the dynamics of child sexual abuse and advocate for appropriate responses.