As a charity seeking donations from the public, we (The CARI Foundation) aim to comply with the Guidelines for Charitable Organisations on Fundraising from the Public
Our pledge is to treat all our donors with respect, honesty and openness.
We commit to being accountable and transparent so that donors and prospective donors can have full confidence in The CARI Foundation
We will ensure that where possible, family members of those who bequeathed funds to CARI are thanked appropriately.
We guarantee that we will effectively apply all gifts received for their intended purposes.
We commit that donors and prospective donors:
- Will be informed of the organisation’s mission, and of the way the organisation intends to use donated resources.
- Will be informed of the identity of those serving on the organisation’s governing board, and that the board will exercise prudent judgement in its stewardship responsibilities.
- Will have access to the organisation’s most recent financial statements.
- Be assured your gifts will be used for the purposes for which they were given.
- Receive appropriate acknowledgement and recognition.
- Be assured that information about your donation is handled with respect and with confidentiality to the extent provided by law.
- Can expect that all relationships with individuals representing The CARI Foundation will be dealt with professionally.
- Will be informed whether those seeking donations are volunteers, employees of the organisation or hired third party agents.
- Have ready access to The CARI Foundation for CARI Complaints Policy and procedures.
- Have the opportunity of having their name deleted from CARI’s mailing lists and to be informed if the organisation intends to share the mailing lists with third parties.
- Receive prompt, truthful and forthright answers to questions relating to fundraising and use of funds.