For signing up to support us!
You are joining a nationwide team to raise awareness of our Helpline service. You can call Emma Walsh on 061-582224 or email firstname.lastname@example.org if you need our help.
In the meantime, we have lots of stuff to give you now:
A Few Helpful Steps
Step 1.Get your Toolkit
Step 2.Pick your Fundraising idea
Step 3.Decide how to collect Donations
Step 4.Finishing up & handing over to CARI
Your Helpline Appeal Toolkit
Share Campaign Videos
Download social media profile & cover images
Download Poster / social media Graphics
How to Collect Donations for the CARI Helpline Appeal
There are a number of ways to do this:
1. Via Facebook
- How much money do you want to raise: €1,000
- When should your fundraiser end: 31st July
- What’s the title of your fundraiser: (Your Name)’s CARI Helpline Appeal
- Why are you raising money: you can edit this but here’s some suggested text you can paste in here, if you wish. CARI is Ireland’s national charity for children, adolescents and families affected by child sexual abuse. The CARI Helpline is open Mon – Fri, 9.00am – 5.00pm and costs over €85,000 a year to run the CARI Helpline but receives no funding. Please help me to raise essential to keep the lines open. Find out more about CARI here: CARI – Shining a Light for Children
- Cover photo: you can use this: ADD GRAPHIC
Then you can post a link to this fundraiser on your own Facebook Page. It will automatically keep track of how much you have raised and how much time you have left to reach your goal.
2. Via Instagram
Here’s how to set up a Fundraiser on Instagram:
- Search for CARI and go to our Profile Page.
- Select ‘Support’ (it’s under the Following button); and then Select ‘Create Fundraiser’ and start adding the details below:
- For Add Photo: you can use this graphic: ADD GRAPHIC
- Tell people why this cause is important to you in a few sentences….. you can edit this but here’s some suggested text you can paste in here, if you wish. CARI is Ireland’s national charity for children, adolescents and families affected by child sexual abuse. The CARI Helpline is open Mon – Fri, 9.00am – 5.00pm and costs over €85,000 a year to run the CARI Helpline but receives no funding. Please help me to raise essential to keep the lines open. Find out more about CARI here: CARI – Shining a Light for Children
- Fundraiser title: (Your Name)’s CARI Helpline Appeal
- Fundraiser goal: €1,000
- Collaborators: you can invite as many friends and contacts as you want here by clicking the arrow and then Inviting your friends to help you raise the funds.
3. Via JustGiving
You can set up a fundraiser through CARI’s Just Giving account here. From there, you can either login in to your own Just Giving account or set up your own one and follow the steps outlined here. Please see graphics and text above which you can add to your fundraising page. ADD CLICK THROUGHS FOR THESE INSTEAD???
4. Cash or via your Bank Account
Transferring Your Funds to CARI
If you are using Facebook or Instagram fundraising events options, don’t worry, that is all looked after and the funds automatically go to CARI.
If you do it via’s CARI’s Just Giving Page, this also goes straight to CARI.
If you have collected the money yourself, you can pass it on to CARI/s Helpline Appeal here just select Helpline Appeal in the ‘Campaign’ dropdown menu!
If you have any questions on taking part in the Helpline Appeal please contact our fundraising team. Just ring 061 582224 / 01 8308529 or email email@example.com.
©The CARI Foundation 2023
National HQ: CARI House, Ennis Road, Limerick, V94 YV80
Dublin Centre: Block 5 Ground Floor, Airvista Office Park, Swords Road, Santry, Dublin 9, D09 A3X2
SE Centre: 3 Rowe Street Upper, Ferrybank South, Wexford Y35 E2CK
Tel: 061 582224 | 01 8308529 | 0818 924567
firstname.lastname@example.org | CHY 9491 | Charity Reg Number 20023751