The following Information provides details on the position of Service Support Team Leader and Therapy Department Assistants with The CARI Foundation and the attributes that are sought in a successful candidate.
Children at Risk Ireland (CARI)
CARI was set up in 1989 to care for children and adolescents affected by the issues of sexual abuse and support for family members and Carer. CARI provides the following services:
- Support Service
- Child and Adolescent Therapy
- Advice Appointments
- Parental Support
CARI aims to provide a professional, child centered therapy and counselling service to children, families and groups who have been affected by child sexual abuse, to support and assist their recovery process. We also aim to provide the most up to date information service for children, adult’s and professionals on the dynamics of child sexual abuse and to raise public and political awareness of these issues.
The CARI Foundation wishes to appoint the following: Service Support Team Leader x 1 Therapy Department Assistants x 8
To apply, please submit an up to date CV and detailed cover letter outlining
- The qualifications that you have that makes you suitable for the role
Applications should be submitted by email with the Ref “Service Support Team Leader Application” or ‘’ Therapy Department Assistant Application ‘’ to firstname.lastname@example.org
Closing date for applications is 5pm on the 27th November 2020.
JOB DESCRIPTION Support Service Team Leader Full Time
- To manage the crisis call received by CARI therapy department.
- To support and follow up with clients on the waiting list.
- Carry out assessments of caller needs and refer clients to appropriate services.
- Provide appropriate information for callers on an individual, group or family basis.
- Carry out Advice Appointments, providing face to face information.
- Liaise with Social Workers and other professionals as appropriate.
- To oversee the collection, inputting and reporting of all statistical information from calls received to therapy department.
- To provide support and training to therapy admin staff including the planning and facilitation of regular team meetings and one to one staff support and supervision meetings.
- To provide back-up telephone support & supervision during the opening hours of our therapy service.
- To supervise and deliver training of staff as appropriate.
- To participate in the work of the management team.
- To be involved with delivery of training to service providers as appropriate.
- To compile training and information programmes in conjunction with the Therapy Team Leader and Clinical Director.
- To facilitate training and information programmes as agreed with Clinical Director.
- Participate in regular reviews of clinical services provided by the CARI Foundation.
- Participate in preparing responses to discussion papers, submissions and proposals relating to the work of CARI.
- Attend networking meetings with relevant services and other organisations.
- Participate in research projects identified by the Therapy Department.
JOB DESCRIPTION; Therapy Department Assistant Part Time
- To answer all incoming calls to the therapy department, calls should be answered in rotation.
- To be familiar with service available for children and families who have experienced child sexual abuse.
- To take responsibility for keeping up to date with issues relating to child sexual abuse, including Children’s First Guidance, media reports and current legal perspectives.
- To assess the clients’ needs and to offer appropriate service.
- To keep a clear, concise, and accurate record of the telephone session in accordance with therapy department procedures.
- To follow up with clients on our waiting list in consultation with Therapy Team Leader.
- To follow up the telephone session with Support Service Team Leader.
- To attend regular supervision as arranged by Therapy Department.
- To attend training events as arranged by the Therapy Department.
- To admit all clients to the building and provide them with refreshments.
- To offer support to colleague who may have experienced a difficult telephone call.
- Preparing therapy rooms and checking between clients that therapy room is ready for next therapy session prior to client arrival.
- To ensure that the Therapy Department is a quiet and comfortable working space for everyone.
- Any other duties as deemed necessary by the Therapy Department in consultation with the Support Service Team Leader.
- Manage Therapy Department diary.
- Case management minutes.
- Phoning Clients to arrange appointments followed up by mail or email.
- Following up on unattended appointments.
- Admin Work to include creating new client files. Allocating client number to each new case.
- Filing of therapy notes and letters and emails to clients as requested.
- Compiling therapy statistics.
- Invoicing for clients.
- General office duties as required.
- Training will be provided but working knowledge of Microsoft Office especially Excel would be an advantage