CARI is a registered charity providing specialised therapy and support to children, families and groups affected by child sexual abuse. It has two full time centres in Dublin and Limerick.
CARI has a national helpline where parents, caregivers and professionals can seek advice and guidance for concerns that they may have for any child.
CARI’s therapy services provide therapy to children 18 and under who have been affected by sexual abuse and children aged 12 and under who present with sexualised behaviour. It works in tandem with parents and caregivers providing support for families.
Reporting to the Board of Directors, the General Manager will work jointly with the Therapy Director to drive the organisation’s therapy services and provide strong management, direction and leadership to CARI in achieving its vision, aims and ongoing strategic development.
The General Manager will have the following responsibilities:
• Engaging at a national level with government agencies and other organisations to articulate CARI’s aims, business model and funding requirements;
- Preparing and submitting funding applications;
- Drafting and implementing budgets, managing income and expenditure, managing cash flow, ensuring robust financial management strategies, and long-term sustainable financial planning;
- Overseeing the preparation of monthly income and expenditure summaries, quarterly management accounts, and annual financial statements in collaboration with the auditors and the accountant;
- Ensuring that the organization meets all insurance, legal, contractual and statutory requirements;
- Performing the role of the designated Data Protection Officer;
- Ensuring the smooth day-to-day operations of the CARI offices including managing
contractors for cleaning and maintenance;
- Maintaining Health & Safety procedures for all employees and visitors to the CARI offices and
- Recruiting and supervising all non-Therapy staff.
The General Manager will have at least 7 years of experience working in a charitable organisation and will be a team player who will drive the organisation’s services, enhance performance, and ensure CARI operates within a strong operational and people development framework.
The successful candidate will have:
- Experience in a senior management role;
- Strong leadership, management and communication skills;
- Detailed knowledge of the Charities Governance Code, General Data Protection Regulation (GDPR) and other organisational, governance and regulatory responsibilities.
This role is based in Dublin, with travel required to the Limerick office. Salary will be commensurate with experience.
Closing date: Friday August 18th, 2020.
Please send cover letter and C.V. to email@example.com.